Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BACK IN NYC

"I see faces and traces of home, back in NYC" ----peter gabriel

I am no longer of the flu-tribe and my move has been concluded. Moving is the spiritual equilvalent to a root canal on the heart and frontal lobe. I have been endured much and grown little! My ex-friend always made fun of my grammar but I am not interested in the trivial corners of the BIG PICTURE but rather in the whole effect of said picture. Some are mathemeticians some are carpenter's wives, I dont know how this all got started, I dont know what they do with their lives---Bob Dylan.... I am very happy and excited to be back in NYC and cant wait to start painting again! ALAS----I have major deadlines due before april 1 and I am so stressed I wake up at 4 AM and stare at a white ceiling. I have to make 8 large glass pieces for a nightclub and I can only pray that the God's of Glass and equipment are on my side. The people in NYC seemed to be a bit stressed as there is still the foul stench of winter's breath in her air (at least they are not in SUV'S on cell phones cutting me off as I drive.) I thought milk was expensive but imagine a Uhaul full of milk! It only cost me 366 amero's to get my commercial vehicle on a parkway. I am in kinkos and a lady is screaming that she was charged for tape to tape a box. What any of this has to do with art is hard for even I to fathom but I will wrap up this package and pay for my tape and....as I packed my uhaul and looked at my lives work I was taken aback by the lack of art I had actually packed and how much crap I own that is not worth an icecube to an iceman. I thought back and realized that I have sold almost everyhting I ever made and that made me both happy and sad at the same time because the money was long spent on previous moves and wine. I have determined that I am addicted to updating this thing because if I dont I feel I am being lazy and useless.

will the following people please call me?!


barry

amy

angela from smithtown

andrea and sister

mary

carla

joe from NYC

evan


S.dali

and whomever logs in from nepal...

(anyone who wants to talk)

917 400 1317


2 comments:

  1. Happy almost Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex, sending positive thoughts your way. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor