Monday, January 28, 2008

pattern recognition


If you look at this picture it is "obvious" to many that there is a white "triangle" overlapping the picture. In truth there is no triangle, your visual brain creates a triangle from some pac-man like circles and some smaller broken pieces. I find it interesting that our brains fill in visual blanks. I think our brains also do that with the call and response effect of music (which probably stems from the childs call out to the mother and the awaited response but I digress) I am curious if we fill in parts of memories in the same pattern. If we forget something to we add our own "triangles" to the pictures of our memories? I lived for ten years without a television so I learned to think a lot and I think the "idiot box" should be turned off often so humans learn to think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor