Thursday, January 24, 2008

irises by gardega


There is a reason van gogh painted irises---They are the best of all possible flowers. Sometimes I feel a bit commercial when I make pieces like this but then I look to the history of art and the Japanese and Lalique and I know I am in good company. I painted two new versions of my irises on gold leaf so you can inquire via email. They are approx. 1 foot by two foot and priced at 200. dollars each. Gold leaf is an interesting surface to paint on and a challenge to perfect when laying down the leaf itself. I probably wont put on ebay so you can email me if you are interested in buying these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor