Friday, January 11, 2008

howdy

sorry for being lax on my blog..I am on another "brooklyn project" and will load some new stuff when I return tonight. I saw a lemon tree in a store window today, I spent ten minutes staring at it as it was full of lemons. Artists like me can never invent something as clever as a lemon tree, we can only do our best to copy the mind of the great architect upstairs. I sometimes think a blank canvas is symbolic of the universe before it was The Universe. I am not religious but I think there is a certain intelligence out there that made lemon trees and that the best an artist can do is to paint a lemon tree and by doing this we can briefly step into the pajamas of the creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor