Tuesday, January 22, 2008

breaking news!


I drove deep into Brooklyn today to pick up a large table top that I was commissioned to carve a design onto. I was unable to get an assistant so I had to carry a two hundred pound table top into my pickup truck on my own. I managed to get it safely into my truck and proceeded to drive back to long island. I managed to hit a railroad crossing too fast and watched the piece shatter in my rear view. I am still trying not to get upset as I have made glass art for twenty years and have had a good record of breakage. You have to break some eggs to make an omelette (as they say...) my scanner is back in order as well. Welcome to late January! This is the second glass piece I broke at the same stupid RR bump. I am looking forward to leaving the suburbs as this was a sign. If you cant laugh at the things that go wrong in life and art you yourself break like so much glass. It is best to bend like a tree in the wind and have a drink or two and start fresh again tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh no...no more railroad crossings for you, Alex!

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor