Wednesday, January 23, 2008

artist of the day--by gardega


I get as many ideas from reading as I do from using my eyeballs to look at paintings. Normally when I get a hold of an author I read every book they ever wrote. (Then I read all the biographies I can find as well) The writer Thornton Wilder is not one of those writers. I only read one book by him but it was a masterpiece I think everyone should read. The book/ play is called "Our Town" and is a work of great and wondrous brilliance. If you want to get a feel for life in America in a simpler time then pay a visit to Grover's Corner New Hampshire. I read it 15 years ago and never forgot it. It is an easy read and an important one. buy this today and read it in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor