Friday, December 14, 2007

twice told tale


I cannot remember if I ever posted this image but I will risk telling the same tale again for the sake of new viewers. Many years ago (10 to be exact) I was hired to do a group of beer labels for a brewery that was called Long shore brewery in long island. I really put my heart and soul into the labels as I was very excited about the idea of doing beer labels. This label is based on a rock off of long island called target rock. It is a rock that was used as target practice by the british in the revolutionary war. It was great doing research about long island and discovering as much as I could about landmarks etc. I do not think the beer lived up to what it could have been and the owners were cheap buffoons who I had to threaten to leave the project many times until they paid me. I think they were sunk by their own attitudes as opposed to external forces. I really enjoyed the artwork and creation of labels and have a few leftover to remind me of that event. This beer was the best tasting of the lot (if I recall...) As is my practice I have hidden little initial among the rocks of my girlfriend of the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor