Monday, December 17, 2007

andy warhol


I never much cared for andy warhol's art. I do think he had some interesting ideas but his whole cult of personality thing was lifted (admittedly) from Dali. He was actually a decent draftsmen and did a bunch of shoe illustrations before he got famous that show competency with pen and ink. I give him some credit for understanding as much as he did about fame and the game of art. I think he was surrounded by a bunch of pretty sad and negative people in the end and I wouldn't want that energy around me. He invented the fifteen minutes quote and alex invented the "obscurity is not an option" quote. I am not interested in looking at his work ever but I understand some of his concepts. I prefer my brooklyn bridge to his if I must be honest. The funny thing is I found this image for the first time today and realize that he made a blue bridge against a yellow background. My yellow background was predetermined by the yellow pages and blue was a logical color to set against the yellow. I guess great minds think alike except I prefer to be alex as I am still making pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor