Sunday, October 21, 2007

tarot cards.


I have rituals I have to do before I paint otherwise I cannot create (my friend laughs at these rituals and says that I need therapy.) I cannot paint until I first clean up my studio. By cleaning I mean I have to clean off both my counter and sink by scrubbing them thoroughly with ammonia---If I don't have ammonia I cant paint, Lysol doesn't count. (I have driven at three am to 7-11 to buy ammonia because I needed to start working for a deadline.) I cannot paint in shorts but only in jeans or green camo pants. I can't paint if I have a logo on my shirt as it distracts me (only heines white v-necks) . In addition I also have to have incense burning as I paint as it helps me focus on my work.

I went to buy more incense today and there was a tarot card reader at the store. I decided out of curiosity to have my cards read...I did it once before in my life and got scared as the devil card came up first! I sat down and shuffled and the first card that came up was Death! The Death card actually has to do with transformation and leaving an old world behind. I dont wish to bore you with details but I found the reading very accurate. I study a lot of quantum physics so my mind has learned to accept a lot of things about reality that cannot rationally be explained. At the same time I am afraid of anything occult because I like to keep my karma and my sink clean.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you also need to wear your black boots?!

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor