Friday, October 19, 2007

deadline

I made my deadline and the client loved the pieces. I will upload photos today. I really care about my clients opinion of the work and I am really happy when they seem to like or get the art I gave them. I am not handing off wallpaper but rather something I take very personally. I learned a lot from this stamp job, the main thing I learned is that I have been making art for so long that it is impossible to make exact copies of anything, they always become a gardega. My client made a note that he really liked that I put my own twist on the stamps to some degree, It was not intentional but rather unconscious action. I added a very slight surrealism to each piece that kind of just crept out of me. The fact that my client "got that" made up for three days of no sleep. On the drive home I enjoyed long island traffic for three hours but I was too tired to stress about it. I will post pictures today. I cant believe I survived that week. It is six AM on saturday and time to get back to my last supper painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor