Friday, September 14, 2007

eggs


One day I decided to paint various portraits of media people on eggs. I was watching TV and eating eggs and then I picked up an egg and started painting on it without any mental deletion as to the process. A construct of surrealism is that it you do not edit your creative impulse with the rational mind and let your impulse low free. Often you bump into walls or end up with egg on your face. You can probably identify the pope in there (I gave the pope egg to a stranger.) There is a Laura Bush egg which broke. my friend chris appoldt took these photos, he is a great photographer who wants to strangle me more often than not. The egg has always interested me on many levels and has artistic symbolic value that goes all the way back to the renaissance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor