Saturday, September 15, 2007

artist of the day---george orwell


george orwell (eric blair) wrote one of my favorite novels (1984.) I really do not know much of his other novels except animal farm, which I liked. But 1984 is more important than ever (in my opinion) because we are heading towards a society where privacy is no longer something we can expect to enjoy. Big Brother is here and nobody seems to really care. I think we have been conditioned to some degree that it is okay to have the government involved in our personal lives. I really must say that the tv screens in 1984 really foreshadowed the internet. (You never knew when big brother was watching you) One day it will be far too late to turn back and it will seem like the "good ole days when you could walk down the streets without being followed by cameras on every block or scanned by some dreadful chip they would like to place in our bodies. I only wished it was just a conspiracy theory that one day we have no constitutional rights left to protect us. Our rights are being widdled away like a knife to soap. Just like your health you will only miss them when they are gone. be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor