Saturday, September 22, 2007

american alex


after thirteen hours of painting I start to get messy and drop things, trip on things and generally get swallowed by chaos. I was never an artist who kept a neat palette or an immaculate work space as it does not allow for chaos (which is for me) is a primary ingredient in the soup of genius. Francis Bacon's studio always looked like a bomb hit it which is too messy for me. If you are working highly realistically it is often to your advantage to work in a highly ordered environment but then again art is not math and an art studio is not a finance office. The pizza man who delivered that pizza you can see was afraid of me and the painting and he seemed to want to run out the room as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor