Monday, August 13, 2007

queens book cover


I am painting a new book cover for ambassador yellow pages...this cover is for the Queens book. I paint on a yellow acrylic base (it is, after all, the yellow pages) It is a challenge to paint on yellow as you must use colors that work with yellow and your work takes on a graphic feel...I am going to paint the Unisphere as it is the unofficial landmark of queens...I have painted it four times thus far and this one I will paint until I have painted five unispheres. How can one have five unispheres when uni means one? My style for the yellow pages completely evolved out of the fact that I am painting on yellow...the first cover I did for them gave me heart attacks as I was at a loss as how to attack the piece. Now I dont worry so much, I just try to keep it fresh. I dont like showing the process as you can see what a non-methodical train wreck I am when I paint but I always find order out of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor