Thursday, August 30, 2007

The journey of a thousand miles


I have bitten off a lot for my next project. I am painting a 4' by 8' replica of Da Vinci's last supper but I will be replacing the disciples with news anchors. Please note this is not meant to be ironic nor is it in any way meant to be anti-christian! I am very interested in religious art and the renaissance in general. To me there has never been art that even comes close to what was painted 500 years ago by my long-dead heroes. Modern/ contemporary feels empty and meaningless compared to the works left behind by Raphael and Da Vinci. I cannot help but think that the over-saturation of media (photography included) has rendered painting impotent and taken away from the magic it once held for people. Dali did his best at the end of his life to bring awareness to religious art and gardega has decided to help the cause as best he can as well. I will update my journey of a thousand miles with the first step taken today as I have drawn my first rough doodle/ sketch to get a feel for the genius that flowed from Leonardo's hand. Already, I have made small discovery's about his grouping of figures and use of perspective and geometry to achieve his masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor