Thursday, July 26, 2007

madonna with horsehoe crab


Here is the latest update on my glass design. It is the madonna with a horsehoe crab. I am not an athiest nor am I anti-christian and my work is never meant to be heretical. I think the horseshoe crab is a sacred "animal" and has been around in the same form long before mankind ever showed up on the scene. I think a man like christ would have felt the sacredness of suchanimals, especially something as ancient as the horseshoe. I am very excited to make this piece in glass once I perfect the drawing. I must study hands to get them perfect or all is lost. In the davinci masterpiece "virgin on the rocks" One can almost feel there should be a crab in the lower corner to complete the picture. I will have a cala-lily inspired border to frame this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor