Sunday, May 27, 2007

Alex's BBQ

Today Alex will journey into the Metropolitan Museum for a day to have a BBQ of the mental kind. I will grill the brain with Rembrandts and marinate it with Velásquez. For dessert, a beer with Raphael and absinthe with Goya. The true purpose of holding a BBQ is really about who isn't invited. I will skip happily past the sad drippings of the late 20th and early 21st century who clog my lawn and I will speak not with Rothko, nor with the failed isms and their malnourished, shabby children. While the brain goes stagnate in the acrid smoke of the chic Chelsea galleries where the meat of wisdom is undercooked and shelf life is that of sunlit sushi, I will hold court with the minds of the great masters and play horseshoes with the ancients. I will leave full and happy and on the train home my hand will flow to my pad with the twin angels of heart and wisdom guiding my charcoal.


alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor